Customers should be seen not in terms of the value of a single transaction but in terms of their long term value. It is far cheaper to retain existing customers than to attract new ones. In order to retain the existing customer much work needs to be done! Many companies use customer feedback forms to keep in touch with their customers’ views but these can be unreliable – as few as one dissatisfied customer in 10 bothers to complain.
With the use of mystery shopping the tangible and the intangible elements of the product/ service provided are being measured. The tangible elements of customer service such as delivery-as-promised aren’t too difficult to measure. It’s the intangible elements which are more tricky – but it’s these which are most important to your customers.
Elements such as:
- How the service they received compared with the service they expected.
- How much they trust you and your product.
- How your customer service compares with that of your competitors.
- How much loyalty they feel towards you as a result of their last transaction.
- How much they feel you value them as a customer.
- How much they feel they are treated like an individual person.
While most programs are about measuring customer service, there are a range of other possible objectives including:
- Standards – are your staff following company laid-down standards and procedures?
- Benchmarking – we can benchmark your service against competitors
- Continuous Improvement – we have techniques which provide you with an ideal basis for helping every branch or every staff member to strive towards excellence.
- Incentives – we can help you identify staff who deserve a reward.
We reach a full understanding of your company, its employees and clients in order to be able to provide you with a full scale picture of how each action affects your business. Our services are tailored to meet the exact needs of the business and an individual programme is installed for each of our clients, however, some of the methods are as below.
- We provide periodic reports and statistics to enable you to track customer service performance.
- We monitor your customer service by visiting nominated outlets at an agreed frequency.
- We extend your quality assurance programme to the intangible elements of your customer service.
- We help you to look at your business through the eyes of your customers.
- We help you ensure all your outlets are giving a consistent level of customer service.
- We help you spot any employees who may be driving your customers away.
- We check the service provided by each branch against your laid-down customer service standards.
- We confirm whether your staff are promoting those services and products they have been instructed to promote.
- We check that advice and information your employees are giving is accurate and conforms to any legal guidelines which may apply.